Promise Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 92 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:48 pm
Latest topics
» Finding Enzo
Smooth Sailing EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:41 pm by Rion Diamond

» Face Claims
Smooth Sailing EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:29 pm by The Rolands

» Jail Break
Smooth Sailing EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:24 pm by The Rolands

» Race Dictionary Form
Smooth Sailing EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:56 pm by Elrich

» Breaking of a New Game
Smooth Sailing EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:18 pm by Addalyn Cinnia Ataktos

» The Distress Call
Smooth Sailing EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:14 pm by Rowan Sibyl Roi

» Sim 1: Golem
Smooth Sailing EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:12 pm by Aeparia

» A Shattered City with Hopeful Dreams
Smooth Sailing EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:26 am by Addalyn Cinnia Ataktos

» LʲUSɪFƏR, The Fallen Archangel
Smooth Sailing EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 12:20 am by lʲusɪfər

Smooth Sailing

3 posters

Go down

Smooth Sailing Empty Smooth Sailing

Post by Mitzi Vallis Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:58 pm

Mitzi wasn't a captain, but she knew her way around a boat. It was a smaller boat, no more than 25 feet, though just enough room for her and her two lizards to live comfortably. She'd been travelling for weeks off the coast of the U.S.A, looking...waiting...She heard of this "Promise Island". It  seemed as if at least some answers would be there? If it actually existed, that is.

Caught off guard by a sudden beeping noise, she glances at the control panel. This was impossible. Her map read there was nothing here, but her GPS told her she was only 25 feet from a coast; dangerously close for the speed she was travelling. She peered through the dense fog, trying to make out any landmass. As soon as she dismissed it as a technological error her boat came to a sudden stop, causing her to fly a good 10 feet into the sand. Mitzi's reflexes were good, and she easily turned herself transparent to prevent injury from the impact of hitting the ground.

Her first thought was to her lizards, as she raced back to her ruined boat.  The glass tanks containing them were shattered, but Louis and Marie were in good condition. She snatched them up, cooing them in her arms before placing them in the indented part of her hat. She turned around to face the island in it's entirety. Where the hell am I?
Mitzi Vallis
Mitzi Vallis
Veil

Back to top Go down

Smooth Sailing Empty Re: Smooth Sailing

Post by Heart Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:47 pm

There was a ruffle in the large tropical leaves not far from where she landed. Something was in them. Its amber eyes were focusing on the figure that crashed into the beach. Each breath the person made, the dragon watched. Heart was careful as she waved her long tail in the bushes, hitting them to make a little bit more noise. They ruffled and hit each other, the large leaves brushing against one another. But soon her amber eyes caught onto something. 'What... are those..?' She wondered to herself as she now took a leap out, showing her teeth as a sign of dominance over the female that landed onto the beach. They were sharp, like dinosaur's were. Dirty too with marks of yellow on it to show how they have aged. After ensuring her dominance, her shy behavior kicked on in. Her head moved in close on the lizards a bit, sniffing them curiously. Stepping back, she noted how they seemed similar to her form she was most comfortable in, her dragon form. Heart was dumbfounded. She never seen lizards before in her 3,000 years of living. 'Are they babies? But they're too small to be baby dragons! And they have no wings...' Heart told herself as she stepped back more, her tail hitting against a tree as it waved curiously.
Heart
Heart
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitzi Vallis Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:52 pm

Crossing her arms, Mitzi faced the island. Surveying the beach, her eyes took to a corner where unnatural noises seemed to transpire in and into the trees. In inquisitive reticence she slowly paced forward. A mute moment passed, before a large...something leaped out. Mitzi retreated back to the waters edge. She glared at the creature in awe. Tilting her head, she studied the beast. The beast was intimidating for but a limited time, soon Mitzi only saw a timid monster.

Mitzi stiffened as the critter leaned to her lizards, and slowly removed them from her hat. Mitzi eyes met the thing as it tilted back, and refused to divert them. She could read the curiosity it in its eyes, the curiosity you could see in something...someone...human? An intelligent beast, Mitzi reviewed.

Cautiously stepping forward, her eye contact remaining, she had a moment to grasp the situation. The beast was mythical. A giant lizard. A dinosaur. A  dragon? She knew the island she was looking for would contain strange wonders, so she was pretty sure she had found it. She just thought there'd be more...humans? People like her. Different.

She was humbly a researcher and selfishly a scientist- what better lizard to study than this? She heard the whap of it's tail hitting a tree. She stepped forward more, until having to strain her neck to keep eye contact.
Mitzi Vallis
Mitzi Vallis
Veil

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:24 pm

Heart moved her head up as she stepped back a bit more. Her large black wings began to spread, brushing through all the leaves. Soon she let out a hot breath. No fire came out of her mouth, but the hot breath moved towards her face. Truly, she was curious of this human she found. Heartless lowered her head, laying it on the ground a bit to show mild trust.

Soon, she opened her jaws a bit more, "What are you doing here?" Heartless asked. Her jaws didn't move as the words came out of her throat. The voice she made was hoarse. Rising her head up again, she began to move around the figure. She was observing Mitzi. "What... are those things in your hands?" She said in her rough voice she had made through her throat.

Heart
Heart
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Glockenspiel Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:19 pm

A cloud of warmth hit Mitzi's face as the dragon let out a breath. As the dragon began to lower itself, Mitzi let down her guard, breaking eye contact to admire the beast. Her gaze was broken as a shocking voice came from the dragon. Surprisingly this was the first thing that made her uneasy about the beast. Coming back to her senses, she realized the dragon had asked a question.

"Well, I'm...I'm..." she began with a stutter and took a deep breath. "I came here looking for more people like me...special." Not exactly caring to hide her true self from a talking dragon, she showed a bit of her power and slowly turned herself invisible, back to visible again. Hearing the next question, she glanced into her hands. "Oh. Well. These are Louis and Marie. They're lizards. Kind of. It's a long story- though I suppose we have time." Her composure remained strangely calm for coming face to face with something she didn't know truly existed. Her mind came back to the story, not before asking herself what else was here.

"To be exact they're hybrids. I uh...I dable in sciences you see. A couple years ago I was curious about my condition. My powers. I can turn invisible, like a chameleon- among other things. And some lizards are like me. I was curious about it. I was into genetic testing and gene manipulation and mutation.
I was interested if mammal DNA, like mine, could have attributes like lizards...like mine. Long story short these are two very intelligent and loyal lizards. Lizards with mammalian attributes."
Winter Glockenspiel
Winter Glockenspiel
Banshee

https://promisedisland.rpg-board.net/t61-winter-glockenspiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:14 am

"People who are special like you..." She said in a low tone. Her amber eyes closed as she was thinking. "Like the Immortals?" Heart then asked Mitzi. "People with powers... I believe they would accept you into their home. They accepted me."

Heart was large as a dragon. Her head met the top of trees when she rose it up. When she walked, she'd crush the ground beneath her with each step. And where she stood now, she was leaving behind footprints of where she had herself stand

"The Immortals are my family." Heart first warned. Never doubt she loved them and would protect them till the end of days. Espiecially the young ones who she loved most.  The attention they showered her in was her favorite as everyone seemed to have loved creatures thought to be only real in fairy tales. She believed too she may be the last of her kind, never meeting another dragon again since the slaughter of them.
Heart
Heart
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitzi Vallis Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Mitzi spoke through her grin; "exactly like the immortals. I've spent a year tracking this island. I just want answers, and acceptance."

She put Marie and Louis back onto her hat. "Could you show me around?" She tried not to sound desperate.
Mitzi Vallis
Mitzi Vallis
Veil

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:53 pm

Heart nodded as her eyes were focusing on the dark sky. With no light, she figured perhaps she'll use her fire to help lead their way. Turning her large body around, Heartless opened her jaws to release a breath of fire. But nothing came out. Stumped by this, she stepped back. "What in the world..?"
Heart
Heart
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitzi Vallis Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:05 am

Glancing up at the beast, Mitzi felt something was off. If she knew any lore about dragons it would be their fire-breathing ability- and it appeared this one was struggling with it.

Stepping closer to the creature, she reached a consoling hand out. "Is everything okay?" she asked, almost pleaded. Mitzi wasn't shy, just stubborn. She felt she had made a new friend here and wasn't in the mood to lose the only "person" she knew on this seemingly vacant island.
Mitzi Vallis
Mitzi Vallis
Veil

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:43 pm

With her fire not working, she was frusterated. Her tail swayed rather violently against a tree. Which it bent and soon snapped. The thing that made her feel safe wasn't working. Shaking her head with a growl, she then attempted to transform into her smaller form where she looked more human. But that too didn't work. "What in the world is happening?" She asked softly, mostly just speaking to herself as she looked up at the darkened sky.

"D-Don't worry about it.." Her voice grew shy. It almost sounded like it was going to break as she was afraid. This eclipse was terrifying her.
Heart
Heart
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitzi Vallis Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Blinking at the newly snapped tree, she backed up once the dragon growled. She could see the struggle that the creature was dealing with- but didn't understand it. Following the beast's eyes she noticed the dark sky.

"An eclipse? Eerily beautiful." She stated, oblivious to the events happening.
Mitzi Vallis
Mitzi Vallis
Veil

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:38 pm

Disagreeing with her statement, Heartless had found that this eclipse was bothering. It disabled her. "No." Was the only word she said. Heartless was trying to relax herself. But deep inside she felt her own heart racing.

Picking up her feet, there was an indent in the ground from where she stood. "Follow me. You'll need to meet Reast and Rion if you desire to be with the Immortals.." She informed Mitzi as she went to the Immortals base, pushing her large body through all the greens. They waved a bit after she moved past the large leaves and grass.
Heart
Heart
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitzi Vallis Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Mitzi could easily navigate through the jungle after the beast's newly layed trail. She glanced back to the boat, it had salvageable parts but was in ruins. Deciding she would scavenge the wreckage at another time, she turned to the lush jungle.

The dragons strides were plenty a times her own. Switching between a speedy walk and a jog, Mitzi could keep up- though only just. She brushed the hair sticking to her glistening forehead aside, just in time to see a cave. No- it was a tunnel. It was man made, though well concealed. She met the beast's eyes, and looked expectingly.
Mitzi Vallis
Mitzi Vallis
Veil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum