Promise Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 92 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:48 pm
Latest topics
» Finding Enzo
Lost Girl   EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:41 pm by Rion Diamond

» Face Claims
Lost Girl   EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:29 pm by The Rolands

» Jail Break
Lost Girl   EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:24 pm by The Rolands

» Race Dictionary Form
Lost Girl   EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:56 pm by Elrich

» Breaking of a New Game
Lost Girl   EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:18 pm by Addalyn Cinnia Ataktos

» The Distress Call
Lost Girl   EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:14 pm by Rowan Sibyl Roi

» Sim 1: Golem
Lost Girl   EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:12 pm by Aeparia

» A Shattered City with Hopeful Dreams
Lost Girl   EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:26 am by Addalyn Cinnia Ataktos

» LʲUSɪFƏR, The Fallen Archangel
Lost Girl   EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 12:20 am by lʲusɪfər

Lost Girl

2 posters

Go down

Lost Girl   Empty Lost Girl

Post by Catherine Everett Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:39 pm

CATHERINE EVERETT // 15 // CALIGRAPHIA

She thought she had everything under control. She thought she knew her limitations. She thought her best friend had her back. She thought her adoptive parents would shield and protect her from harm. She thought her brothers and sisters would defend her no matter what. She was naive. She trusted all the wrong people when in reality, the only person she should have trusted was herself.

Her best friend went behind her back, and went to the government to tell them about her special abilities. Her parents only confirmed their suspicions over the phone. Her siblings, when given the phone, told them of specific details of what her abilities pertain to.

The fifteen year old realized, when she hid behind the corner and saw her mother whispering on the phone to someone, her voice trembling and her eyes burning with fear, that her own family was afraid of her.

The next few days, everyone was quiet. Everyone tiptoed around her like she was a fragile human who could be broken by a single sound. Instead of being judged by her family who were supposed to be her supporters, she spent the next week in her room, drawing murals on her walls, making sure to use her left hand so they couldn't come to life. She had taught herself at a young age to be ambidextrous, so what she wanted to come to life could, and others couldn't.

It was a late Sunday afternoon when there was a knock at the door. The girl froze, realizing what was happening immediately. She got up and bolted the lock on her door just as the men in black waistcoats and dangerous looking weapons entered the house. For more of an effect, she took a black sharpie and drew a lock symbol over her door. Then she stood back as the banging was heard on her door.

There was yelling. They kept telling her to open the door. She refused. She responding with the typical "Make me!" as she tried to think of an escape plan. Her eyes lingered on the single window in her room that happened to be close to the ground. That's when she knew her escape route was clear.

Just as the door was about to burst open, she ran over to her window, unlocked it and threw it open, leaping out and break-falling, (basically rolling so she didn't break anything, something I learned in karate) then sprinted as fast as she could as she heard the cursing from the men who just managed to get the door open. Without pausing to catch her breath, the young girl sprinted through the streets of Sydney, not caring at this point who saw her or what they thought. All she knew at this point was that she had to get away from the men who wanted to take her away.

(Okay so this is my character Catherine. I couldn't think of a cool nickname for her so basically your character can come up with your own for her! Catherine, Cat, Rin, Kit, Theory, Kitty, Caty, Cate, Cay, literally whatever you want I don't care lmao)
Catherine Everett
Catherine Everett

Back to top Go down

Lost Girl   Empty Re: Lost Girl

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:05 pm

One step after the other, Rowan kept up a specific speed to stay ahead of the man chasing her. She knew she shouldn't have stolen...but she was hungry...There wasn't much else should could do. At this point, the food would hardly be worth it to anyone else...But to Rowan, this was life or death.

Turning a quick corner, Rowan pressed her back against the wall. She attempted to hold her breath so nobody would detect her...Things had bee this way since Alice had abandoned Rowan...Alice had been one of the few people she had trust...one of the few people she felt comfortable around...one of the few people that let her know that despite her abilities..She was still a person. The Liddell mansion had been over thrown, and from what Rowan heard, it was for good reason...But, despite the reason..this still meant she was orphaned again.

As Rowan heard the man who had been chasing her call her name, she took a deep breath and pushed herself off the wall. Turning to face the man, Rowan's eyes narrowed and changed in color. Though she wasn't very good...she created an illusion that she had began running the opposite way. Feeling confident, the man chased after the illusion...This would buy her at least twenty minutes...twenty-five tops. Walking back down the street, Rowan carefully pulled piece of bread from her jacket pocket and brought it to her mouth.

As soo as she came across a bench, Roan jumped up there to take a seat...She didn't know where she was going from here...But she knew she had to figure it out..Frowning faintly, Rowan observed the different faces coming and going as she brought the bread back to her mouth. This was Life or Death.
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Everett Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:51 pm

Even though Catherine had quite a distance between her and the men who were chasing her, she didn't break the run she was in. She was running out of breath, but she didn't dare stop as she turned a corner and continued her run. She passed by a park with a swing set, monkey bars, and other small attractions she didn't have time to recognize. She ran passed a few sitting areas, not giving a second glance to whoever was sitting there.

She could feel herself starting to slow down as it got harder for her to breathe. She had been running for a full fifteen minutes; she knew she would have to stop soon, if she didn't pass out first from exhaustion. She let herself slow down slightly as she pulled her black sharpie marker from her pocket, thinking quickly of a plan.

An idea popped into her head. She stopped short, almost stumbling but catching herself before she, without catching her breath, leaned onto the ground and drew a silver revolver with her right hand. When it came to life, she picked it up and pointed it straight ahead, her head held high and her eyes set as she waited for the men to catch up to her. She could no longer be afraid. Not anymore.
Catherine Everett
Catherine Everett

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:27 pm

Rowan was a couple bites into the bread when she saw a girl run by...Odd...But hat was even odder was the men chasing her. Dropping the bread, Rowan frowned and ran after group. She was obviously slower due to her height, but she didn't let that stop her. This girl was i obvious trouble, but what had she done wrong. Once catching up to the group, Rowan froze as she realized the men were also in complete shock...What was this girl doing? It was obvious she was in trouble...but so much trouble that would pull out a gun... Frowning faintly, Rowan teleported in front of the group and quickly grabbed the girls hand before telporting once more.

Teleportation was an awkward process...Your body becoming one with space and time...it almost made your entire body feel liquefied even though it was obviously still solid. Taking off on a teleport was easy...but deciding where to stop was still where Rowan had difficulties... Both reappeared on the roof of The Sydney Opera House.

Breathing heavily, Rowan then took the gun from the grls hands, freezing it instantly. It was obvious Rowan was weak from the sudden mixing of abilities...But she still wanted to seem strong..As strong as a eight year old girl could. Leaning over slightly, Rowan slowly tried to catch her breath. Looking back at the girl, Rowan tipped her head. "What were you doing!? You can't just shoot people!"

Rowan had been wreckless, she hadn't even taken into consideration that this girl could be dangerous, a hunter, a criminal...one of it. Her instinct was to help her. But why? Looking at the girl, Rowan took another deep breath before standing up straight. This girl had been in trouble...but why?
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Everett Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Catherine stared at the younger girl in shock as she as she was transported to the roof of the building. What the hell? How had she done that? She shook her head to clear her thoughts. Who was she kidding, that girl wasn't the only one in the world with strange powers. For heaven's sake, Catherine could make drawings come to life!

It took her a few moments before she could finally reply. "Didn't you see those men chasing me?! Those were the government's men! They're after me because I'm not like them! I'm not normal! Of course I didn't want to shoot them, but I didn't have a freakin' choice! Who knows what they would've done with me if they had caught up to me!"

Catherine stopped with her rant, realizing she shouldn't be taking out her frustrations on a young girl. She was still breathing heavily, and she felt like her entire world was crashing down on her. She'd just lost everything. Well, everything except her abilities... which, might end up being convenient in her current situation.
Catherine Everett
Catherine Everett

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:37 pm

Taken back, Rowan watched the girl, confused by her sudden turn in attitude. It went quickly from confusion to a more hostile tone. At first, Rowan had so much she wanted to say...So much she wanted to explain but she couldn't put into words. Walking over to the girl, Rowan placed a hand on her arm. As soon as she came in contact with her, Rowan's eyes seemed to flash with light for a half second. Pulling her hand away, Rowan looked the girl over before smiling faintly. "You are special too."

Taking a step back to give the girl space, Rowan seemed to back off the situation. This girl had been harmed by the world, just like Rowan had...Only difference was...It was Rowans family out to kill her. Not some random me known as "government".

"You don't have to be alone.." Offering a half smile, Rowan pulled out a marker and knelt down to sit on the roof top. Biting the lid of the marker, Rowan began drawing, her eyes changing on color as she focused carefully on each detail. Scooting away from it, she put the lid back on the marker and watched as the picture slowly began growing from the ground until it flew into the air becoming a butterfly. The butterfly fluttered it's wing over to the other girl, landing on her shoulder for several seconds before flying into the sky.

Standing back up, Rowan smiled faintly. "I am Rowan" Looking up at the girl, Rowan paused for a response before giggling. "Caligraphia?"
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Everett Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:05 am

Catherine flinched at the sudden contact as the hand was placed on her arm. She didn't expect such kindness, in fact she didn't even know such a thing existed. She didn't know what was going on or how this girl was going to react to her and everything she's said so far. She remained rigid and wary, watching the young girl carefully. Catherine blinked in surprised when the girl called her "special". That was something she had never been called before. Usually it was a "disgrace" or "failure" or something along those lines. She had learned to live with it though, because she didn't know anything different.

"Alone is the only thing I know," Catherine replied to her, setting her eyes downcast. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw what she was doing; she watched as the marker was drawn across the ground, a beautiful butterfly appearing and flying away. She barely noticed when it was on her shoulder. All she wondered was who this girl was and if they were the same.

Catherine let out a breath she hadn't known she was holding in and met the girls gaze a little insecurely. "Rowan..." she said the name to herself before responding to her, "...My name is Catherine. Yes, I am a Caligraphia. Are you also one?
Catherine Everett
Catherine Everett

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:08 pm

Watching the girl carefully, Rowan giggled softly and shook her head. She didn't trust the girl yet, but then again, Rowan didn't seem to trust anyone anymore. Ever since the things she had witnessed...the things she had done...Shaking her head slightly, Rowan refocused on the situation, a small smile placed upon her lips. "Yes."

A lie. Of course, but it wasn't a complete lie. Now that Rowan had been around Catherine...she could indeed do what she could...But Rowan still knew it was wrong to lie. Most races just didn't like Leaches...They couldn't stand them..This was based off her father, and families history..."I have never met another Caligraphia" Rowan giggled softly. She felt playful right now, despite the dangerous situation she was putting herself in.

One day she would be able to tell the truth...One day she would be able to be honest with the world on who she was...But for today...it just couldn't happen....For today, she couldn't be a Roi. Pulling out her marker, Rowan tipped her head slightly towards the girl. "We should probably find a way down now..." Looking around Rowan looked for a ladder, or escape route of some kind, most buildings usually had them at easy access in case of a fire.
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by Catherine Everett Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:06 pm

It was almost like a movie; Catherine was wary of Rowan's moves and she could tell Rowan was watching her as well. She tilted her head in confusion as she had never met another of her kind before. She wasn't sure if this was a trick, or if she really was a Caligraphia. She did have the ability, and showed her...

She smiled at the girl in return, loosening her stance a little bit to seem less threatening. She didn't know whether to trust her or not, but she had saved her from those men. The least she could do was trust her, right? Still, Catherine didn't have any idea where Rowan had come from or why she decided to help her in the first place.

Instead, Catherine stumbled on Rowan's last statement, realizing she was correct. An idea flashed in her mind. "I have an idea," Catherine said as she pulled out her trusty sharpie marker, uncapping it. She leaned over, pressing the tip to the ground and drew. She was careful with each detail to make sure it came out right. In the end, she had drawn a beautiful and majestic hawk, standing proudly as it came to life. It cawed, and Catherine smiles proudly. She stood next to it, "Reina can fly us down."
Catherine Everett
Catherine Everett

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Sibyl Roi Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Watching the bird in a puzzled stance...Rowan seemed uncertain of the idea. Had this girl completely lost her mind? Taking a few steps towards the Hawk, Rowan observed the bird before looking back towards Cat, who seemed obviously proud of her creation.

"Reina..." Rowan mumbled softly to herself before lookig back at Catherine. "Are you certain she could carry the both of us?" Rowan didn't like questioning people, but in the world she grew up in...and the world they lived in...she felt like she had to..She had to question everything...Examine everything...Do anything she possibly could to protect herself...and anyone she got close to. If she got close to anyone at all.

It still pained her how alone she always was. Whenever she had someone...it always seemed to happen like clockwork..they would be there one day and gone the next. There was no one she could trust...nothing she could do..her world as spiraling. Rowan could feel herself panicking. She felt the static forming at her finger tips as the electricity began to crawl against her skin. Taking a step back, Rowan folded her arms in front of her and turned away..She couldn't be seen like this, she could never be seen like this..
Rowan Sibyl Roi
Rowan Sibyl Roi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down