Promise Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 92 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:48 pm
Latest topics
» Finding Enzo
Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:41 pm by Rion Diamond

» Face Claims
Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 4:29 pm by The Rolands

» Jail Break
Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 3:24 pm by The Rolands

» Race Dictionary Form
Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:56 pm by Elrich

» Breaking of a New Game
Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 7:18 pm by Addalyn Cinnia Ataktos

» The Distress Call
Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 10:14 pm by Rowan Sibyl Roi

» Sim 1: Golem
Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:12 pm by Aeparia

» A Shattered City with Hopeful Dreams
Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:26 am by Addalyn Cinnia Ataktos

» LʲUSɪFƏR, The Fallen Archangel
Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 12:20 am by lʲusɪfər

Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II)

Post by Aeparia Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Apsenniel frowned as the group of pirates took the paper and went right on their merry way, leaving her alone with the mother. It was almost no time before one of the boys had approached the captain and his crew again, soon followed by the brother. "I will look after them," Apsenniel stated simply, outstretching her wings and shooting herself several feet into the air before heading after the crew. As the captain and young boy had their conversation, Apsenniel once again landed on the other side of the group of pirates at the end of the dock.

Grabbing her cloak from where she'd last dropped it, Ape folded it over her arm and waited for the group to have a pause in their conversation. "I believe I may be owed a thank you.."
Aeparia
Aeparia
Avariel Elf

Back to top Go down

Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II) - Page 2 Empty Re: Golden Waters and Black Sails (Part II)

Post by Hector McSkull Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Just as I was about to step onto the jetty where my longboat rested, the winged woman reappeared in front of us, blocking our way. She now wore a white cloak with a hood, I guessed to try and keep her appearance under wraps. She stood there, her arms folded and her foot tapping impatiently.
"A thank you lass, for what?" I asked, trying to examine her face. She seemed a little banged up and a little worse for ware, but overall she had a relatively pretty face. Even a face that strangely reminded me of someone familiar,

"You know," I said, folding my arms and squinting at her face again, "You remind me of a cheeky niece that I haven't seen in years... Or a mermaid I once sailed with out of the Danish Peninsula."
Hector McSkull
Hector McSkull
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeparia Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:42 pm

"I got you your paper..?" She raised an eyebrow, wondering if he'd forgotten the last 10 minutes already. "If it weren't for me, that guy wouldn't been long gone and you never would have gotten that log." Tossing her hair back, Apsenniel stared back at him as he studied her. "Well, we'd probably get along. I am very cheeky indeed. I don't know any mermaids, though.. Small world." She rolled her eyes as she turned around, adjusting her cloak and stepping down into a longboat. "Where are we off too, anyways?"
Aeparia
Aeparia
Avariel Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector McSkull Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:47 pm

I looked at her a little surprised by her boldness, but could only shrug as I patted her on the shoulder.
"Come to join me crew then? Welcome aboard." With a nod, I started towards the longboat, stood at the front while the rest of my men loaded in, Grapple and Mallot taking either oar. "Let's get underway then, shall we, gentlemen...?" I then looked to the new girl arrival, "And lady of course." I said, tipping my large black brimmed hat.
Hector McSkull
Hector McSkull
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeparia Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:53 pm

"You're too kind.." Ape stated mildly, having a seat. She kept an eye on the two boys as they got into the next longboat. "By the way, I'm Apsenniel. Friends used to call me Ape," she explained to no one in particular. It'd been a long time since she'd had friends, though. She didn't know where any of them might be, either. Heck, she hadn't even known where she was for the past month, but she was happy to have been welcome to the crew to go off on whatever sort of adventure this was. She did take notice that the captain hadn't answered her question. Maybe she could snag a better look at that paper again later. She'd gotten a hold of it once, she could do it again, she decided.
Aeparia
Aeparia
Avariel Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector McSkull Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:00 pm

Grapple and Mallot led the small fleet of longboats as they rowed our longboat back to the anchored Pearl. Tucking away the schedule inside my breast pocket for safe keeping, I stood at the front of the boat, assuming the posture of a captain leading his men. As we rowed farther and farther away from Pirate Port, the Black Pearl came into full view.

She was a proud vessel with far too much history to even keep straight. She was a former East India Trading Company galleon, originally intended for use in the slave trade. That was, until the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow re-commissioned her as the fiercest pirate ship to sail the Seven Seas. From an Aztec Curse to the Wars Against Piracy, the Black Pearl had survived through impossible odds. Now, she was fully upgraded and even deadlier than before; reinforced black steel armor that encased her from bow to stern, two sets of triple gun chasers on her bow and stern, additional mortar shots and, hidden below in her bow, two napalm guns that were able to reach impossible lengths and burn ships to cinders and men to the bone.

As we returned back to the Black Pearl, my men and I climbed out of the longboat and back onto the deck. The men who stayed behind to keep the ship afloat and operational stopped what they were doing and looked up. An old man with greying slicked back hair and two bushy grey mutton chops that made the man look more like a badger than a human, trotted over and clasped me on the hand in a sort of 'high-five'
"Was your stay at Pirate Port lucrative?" snorted the man named Joshamee Gibbs, in a sort of sarcastic tone with a laugh. I flashed him a grin as I subtly moved my coat to show him the page tucked away in my pocket.
"More than that, Mr. Gibbs!" I cheered. His eyes went wide as he returned my grin.
"I'll have the men underway in no time, Cap'n!"
"See to it, man!" I nodded, then gave him a fist bump and started for my cabin, "Oh!" I stopped then turned back to Gibbs, "We've got three new hands on deck," I said, pointing to the three newcomers who were hopping onto the deck along the rest of the men, who hauled on the fresh order of supplies, "See to it that they're welcome aboard." I winked, then disappeared into my cabin, closing the doors. Mr. Gibbs looked to the two boys and the cloaked woman.
"You three," he said, pointing to each of them, "Come with me."
Hector McSkull
Hector McSkull
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:36 pm

SHAY POV

By the time we get to the ship, I’m already done with the fourth bottle. As I climb onto the deck, Joshua right behind me, I look around. This may not be the first time I’ve been on this ship, technically, but it is the first time I’m actually able to see it. There aren’t as many people around as I thought I’d heard, but I suppose it’s not that surprising that I was fooled like that, considering how weak and out of it I was.

“Do you think she’ll be anything like this?” I whisper to Joshua.

“You’re the one who sees her, not me,” he points out. While I’ve been looking around me at the ship, he’s been watching the captain. I just shrug, and then Joshua and I follow the badger man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector McSkull Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:53 pm

While I stayed in my cabin, preparing for the journey before reading the schedule, Gibbs led the two boys and the woman below decks. Men were bustling about, stocking up the Pearl with the fresh supplies they acquired on Pirate Port. Gibbs turned on his heels and gestured to the entire crew.
"Well, lads and lass, welcome aboard the Black Pearl. My name is Mr. Gibbs, the Master-At-Arms." he pounded on his chest proudly, then went to a corner and picked up three burly bundles and threw them at the three newcomers. "These are your seabags and hammocks. Treat 'em well, for you won't be commissioned another. Crew's quarters are here below decks," he said, gesturing to the lower deck gun hallway. "It's first come first serve come night time. Now," he said, leaning in close to the three, "There be special rules to follow aboard this ship, the Articles of Conduct. Has anyone read to you the Articles yet?" he asked, then surveyed their blank faces. He sighed heavily then cleared his throat.
"I. Every man has a vote in affairs of moment; has equal title to the fresh provisions, or strong liquors, at any time seized, and may use them at pleasure, unless a scarcity (not an uncommon thing among them) makes it necessary, for the good of all, to vote a retrenchment.

II. Every man to be called fairly in turn, by list, on board of prizes because, (over and above their proper share) they were on these occasions allowed a shift of clothes: but if they defrauded the company to the value of a dollar in plate, jewels, or money, marooning was their punishment. If the robbery was only betwixt one another, they contented themselves with slitting the ears and nose of him that was guilty, and set him on shore, not in an uninhabited place, but somewhere, where he was sure to encounter hardships.

III. No person to game at cards or dice for money.

IV. The lights and candles to be put out at eight o'clock at night: if any of the crew, after that hour still remained inclined for drinking, they were to do it on the open deck.

V. To keep their piece, pistols, and cutlass clean and fit for service.

VI. No boy or woman to be allowed amongst them. If any man were to be found seducing any of the latter sex, and carried her to sea, disguised, he was to suffer death; (so that when any fell into their hands, as it chanced in the Onslow, they put a sentinel immediately over her to prevent ill consequences from so dangerous an instrument of division and quarrel; but then here lies the roguery; they contend who shall be sentinel, which happens generally to one of the greatest bullies, who, to secure the lady's virtue, will let none lie with her but himself.)

VII. To desert the ship or their quarters in battle, was punished with death or marooning.

VIII. No striking one another on board, but every man's quarrels to be ended on shore, at sword and pistol. (The quarter-master of the ship, when the parties will not come to any reconciliation, accompanies them on shore with what assistance he thinks proper, and turns the disputant back to back, at so many paces distance; at the word of command, they turn and fire immediately, (or else the piece is knocked out of their hands). If both miss, they come to their cutlasses, and then he is declared the victor who draws the first blood.)

IX. No man to talk of breaking up their way of living, till each had shared one thousand pounds. If in order to this, any man should lose a limb, or become a cripple in their service, he was to have eight hundred dollars, out of the public stock, and for lesser hurts, proportionately.

X. The Captain and Quartermaster to receive two shares of a prize: the master, boatswain, and gunner, one share and a half, and other officers one and quarter.

XI. The musicians to have rest on the Sabbath Day, but the other six days and nights, none without special favour. These are the eleven main articles that keep our crew afloat. There are others that you will soon learn of as well. Did ye get all that, you lot?" he finished.
Hector McSkull
Hector McSkull
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeparia Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Apsenniel half listened to the Master-At-Arms as he explained the rules, shifting through the sea-bag she'd gotten. A hammock, ammo, rags, compass, etc. She didn't necessarily need most of the items she'd received, but would hang onto the bag anyways. "Loud and clear, Mr Gibbs." Ape responded to his question. She'd gotten the gist of it - No gambling, stealing, running away, indecent acts, keep weapons clean, blah. Seemed easy enough, Apsenniel concluded. "So, now what do we do..?" She questioned, looking at Gibbs then at the boys, then back to Gibbs.
Aeparia
Aeparia
Avariel Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:34 pm

SHAY POV

“Save one of the compasses for Lyra,” I whisper almost silently to Joshua as I hand him my seabag. He rolls his eyes at having to keep track of my stuff, but unless I need something, I lose it. Often and in sometimes the strangest places.

I grin at the girl when she asks what we do now. “Well, I’m getting another drink,” I say simply, turning and walking away to find the supplies that were loaded on board behind is.

“His medicine,” I can hear Joshua explain behind me, and I roll my eyes. I hated that he called it “medicine,” even though I kind of understand why he does it. Nobody, especially the captain of the ship I’m now on, would let me drink as much as they do if they thought that what I’m drinking was anything normal. Even if it was believed to be rum on a ship of pirates. Especially not then, actually, because then I’d be accused of taking more than my share. But as long as these glass bottles with the W on the necks were considered my medicine, I had them all to myself and I could drink as much as I want or need.

And luckily, someone had noticed me going with Captain McSkull and his men and had the foresight to send plenty of my “medicine” along. Hopefully enough to last until we found Loreley. It had to be enough.

As I pull a bottle out of one of the crates and open it, I idly wonder if I’d be allowed to shoot someone if they tried to take any of my drinks…

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector McSkull Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Gibbs tried to protest as Shay walked off, but scoffed and brushed him away.
"Ah to hell with 'im," he scowled, then looked back to Ape and Joshua. "In the meantime, join the men up on the deck. We're casting off. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to check the new sets of cannons and fresh powder in the reserve." with that, Gibbs nodded a farewell to Ape and Joshua and strode through the crowd of busy sailors.

Meanwhile, I was readying myself in my cabin, freshening up before I had to join the rest of my men on deck. Straightening my large black brimmed hat, I smoothed out my rather scraggly auburn beard until it was much more presentable. From the corner of my cabin came the screeching chirp of a monkey. I turned from the mirror to see little Jack, the cursed capuchin monkey, jumping up and down happily. He wore a small white puffy shirt under a red vest with matching red pants. His little beady eyes were lit with joy as he saw me pull out the schedule from my pocket and place it in the log, where the missing page was meant to fit.
"This is it, Jacky old boy," I said with a snarl of glee as I dawned on my blackish green jacket, "the haul of a lifetime." As the monkey chirped happily, there was a knock on my cabin door.
"Cap'n's presence is requested on deck as we get underway!" came Pintel's muffled voice through the door. I nodded then turned to Jack and offered my arm. He jumped from his perch onto my arm and scurried onto my shoulder, where he sat astute and alert. I strode through the double doors to the Captain's Cabin and walked up the stairs of the helm. I turned on my heels and leaned over the rail to watch the bustling men.
"All hands! To stations! Ply to windward! Brace up top yard! Get crackin' ya cockhanded deck apes! STEP TO IT!"
Hector McSkull
Hector McSkull
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeparia Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:07 pm

Apsenniel dropped her bag back in the pile Gibbs had taken it from. If she decided she needed anything, she'd come get it then. For now, she made her way back to the deck, admiring how the ship and crew were one great machine. She felt a sense of deja-vu, as if she'd been on this ship before.

That was crazy, though. This was her first time on a pirate ship, and it was very exciting. Though, she wished she were taller. As a petite 14 year old in earth years, it was difficult to keep up with the hustle and bustle of a crew like this. Ape moved out of the way the best she could until she figured she could be of some use.
Aeparia
Aeparia
Avariel Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:41 pm

JOSHUA POV

“To hell with him. Yeah, that’s a common reaction,” I nod thoughtfully. As Ape leaves, I go to follow her, but break off and make my way to Shay first. “Don’t get yourself drunk,” I lean against the wall beside him. He’s sitting on the floor, his back against the wall, a bottle of rosewater in one hand. He’s slowly bending and straightening his arm, as if testing it. But when I make my comment, he looks up at me and grins.

“That,” he states, “is exactly what I intend to do.”

I roll my eyes, knowing full well by now that no Liddell can get drunk off rosewater. “Just hurry up and get back to full strength, okay? If you try to leave me to do all the work, I’m going to shove you overboard.”

Shay’s grin widens, “And then how would you find our ship?”

“Your ship,” I correct.

“And where would you be without my ship then?”

“Home. Where I’m not likely to get shot by pirates or kidnapped my merchants for your stupidity.”

“They weren’t merchants.”

I just roll my eyes, pushing away from the wall and make my way up to the deck. I see Ape looking very out of place and trying to stay out of the way. She is small, and I’m honestly surprised and confused as to why the McSkull let her on this ship. Especially after he put up such a fight about me and Shay coming along. But I shrug it off, and get to work, doing what I can to earn mine and Shay’s places here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector McSkull Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:01 pm

"Oy!" came the Quartermaster, Johnny Cutlass' voice to my left, "Get to work you drunken sod!" he was pointing an accusatory finger at Shay just as Joshua had walked away. I peered down from the railing to see Shay with a full bottle of drink in his hand. When Cutlass saw Shay look up and scoff at him, his eyes bulged in anger as he stormed down the stairs of the stern and went to confront the insubordinary cremate.

I, on the other hand, was tending to the Pearl's launch. The main sails on the fore, main and mizzen masts were unfurled, casting a dark black shadow on the sunny water below. The men raised the anchor together and ran up into the rigging. I took out my spyglass and stared out toward the horizon.
"South by south west, Mr. Cotton! Heading 2100." I said to the mute old helmsman.
"Squawk! Aye aye Cap'n!" screeched Mr. Cotton's blue macaw which served as translator for the old man, "2100!"
Hector McSkull
Hector McSkull
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeparia Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Apsenniel peered over the edge of the ship, admiring the shadow that the masts' sails cast on the water. It was all very interesting to her, the smooth running of such a vessel. After the anchor was raised, Apsenniel made a point to look up at the captain, who was by the.. steering wheel?.. and looking through a telescope. She figured he must be figuring out where they were headed. That was something she'd like to know herself. Turning back towards the deck, Apsenniel looking for Joshua and Shay. She found Joshua easily, working along with the crew. Shay must still be below drinking his magic juice, she noted.
Aeparia
Aeparia
Avariel Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:27 pm

SHAY POV

I look up and scoff when I’m ordered to get to work. There’s no way I’m doing any heavy lifting until my blood’s completely liquid again. When I don’t move, the Quartermaster comes to yell at me. I ignore him for the most part, continuing to drink. Finally, I roll my eyes and say over him, “I’m not drunk, you fool. It’s impossible for me to become drunk off this stuff. Or anything, really. I think…” I look over at the crates of rum thoughtfully. I’m half tempted to try, to start drinking simply to see if I can get drunk. But that I already know, even if it is possible, it’d probably take a lot of rum to do it. I end up just shrugging. Rum’s good, but not good enough to be worth blurring my senses just to enjoy it or to see if I can.

I finish my current bottle, down another one, and grab a couple more, putting them in a couple of my coat’s pockets, as I finally shove myself off the floor and away from the wall. I’m getting bored of just sitting anyway. I test myself at first, aware of the Quartermaster watching me, but ignoring him. He might still be yelling at me, I don’t pay enough attention to know.

When I establish that moving doesn’t fell like breaking anymore, I make my way to the deck, straight over to Joshua, and throw myself into the work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector McSkull Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:32 pm

I looked down from the helm as the young boy walked away from the Quartermaster. Everyone on deck could hear Johnny Cutlass cursing Shay to hell for his nonsense, but eventually stormed off when he saw Shay going to work.

The Black Pearl's sails flapped in the breeze, moving at a steady pace of 12 knots. With a favorable wind, we put the blasted crazy island to our rudder and went out into open waters, on the pursuit of a prize so large that it could upset the very foundations of Pirate Port upon our return.
Hector McSkull
Hector McSkull
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:04 pm

SHAY POV

Night had fallen several hours ago, and the ship’s gotten quiet. Joshua, not having the stamina or strength that I had, had stopped working a couple hours ago. I’d kept going though, doing as much as I could – which was much more than anyone else – for a few more hours, until I was pissing off men twice my age and size. Grinning, I finally stop, grab a couple more bottles of rosewater, and walk over to stand beside Joshua. He stands at the edge, looking over the side, his arms resting on the railing as he leans slightly on it. I lean my back against the railing and hand him one of the bottles after opening it. We just stand there in silence for a few minutes, me watching the sky and him watching the ocean. The island was finally out of sight, and just like every time I lost sight of the island in the past, I’d felt that sense of both apprehension and exhilaration. I never really liked leaving my family, especially Harlequin and Sally. But I did love being out on the sea. And more than anything, I wanted to find Loreley. I needed to. Maybe then, once I found her, this annoying illness of mine would be cured and I could live normally again. Live as a true Liddell should.

“I heard her,” I finally tell Joshua, my voice low. I can feel his gaze on me, but I don’t look at him. “The other day, when I was trying to boil my blood. I heard her.”

Nothing’s said for a few minutes. Then, finally, he asks, “What did she say?”

I looked away from the sky, and around at the ship, at the men on it, towards the captain’s cabin, at the mast and the sails, taking it all in. “She said this is where we need to be right now. With this crew, on this ship.”

Joshua straightens up, turning so that he can lean his back against the rail as I’m doing, his eyes still on me. “Do you think they’ll lead us to her?”

I shake my head, taking a sip of my rosewater. After a moment, I say, “No. I know they will. Keep your eyes on the sea from now on. We already know she’s sunk.”

“What are we even going to do once we find her?” Joshua asks, shaking his head.

I shrug, “Send a message to Harlequin. She can bring her airship and gear, equipment. Anything we need. It wouldn’t be the first time we pulled a ship from the wreckage.”

“We pulled airships from the wreckage,” he points out. “This will be a real ship, underwater.”

“How different can it be?” I shrug again.

“And the McSkull isn’t going to wait until we get a response for Harlequin, or until they show up themselves. We don’t even know if he’s going to stop long enough to let us dive to check out the ship, make sure it’s her,” he presses, ignoring my comment. “And how exactly are we going to get a message to her anyway?”

“Look up,” I said, taking another sip of my rosewater as my eyes scanned anyone in sight. Joshua raises his gaze though, and sees that Mum’s clockwork falcon is perched on the mast, its head tucked under its wing as if asleep.

“Oh.”

We’re both silent a few more minutes. Finally, I get bored, and I think of something to do. I grin and look at Joshua, “Want to do something foolish?” Without waiting for an answer, I push away from the railing, drinking the last of my rosewater as I walk, and then pushing the empty bottle into one of my coat pockets as I looked around to make sure nobody was watching. Dressing in all black and having the silent steps of the Liddells is very useful sometimes.

Joshua follows me, of course, and even though he actually has to put effort into making his steps quiet, they are almost as silent as mine. And since he dresses in black too, we both go unnoticed, as I quietly open the door to the captain’s cabin and duck inside.

“What are you doing?” Joshua hisses, after he’s closed the door behind us.

“Securing our hides,” I say simply, glancing around the room. I find what I’m looking for quickly though, and snatch it up. Grinning, I show it to Joshua.

“Are you insane?” His eyes widen. “This is why he was on the merchant ship, this is what Mum used to bribe him from selling us.”

“Yes, those weren’t merchants, and he wouldn’t have gotten anything for us anyway,” I say simply.

“Shay! You’re missing the point!” Joshua hisses.

“No, you’re missing the point,” I say, turning the paper over so that I can look over it. “This is obviously important to him. If I have this memorized, he can’t kill us. Or leave us behind anywhere.” After a moment, I’ve quickly and easily memorized the schedule. A small flames jumps to life at the end of my finger, and I light the paper on fire, letting it burn until there aren’t even ashes left.

“You’ve gone completely mental,” Joshua says, half laughing in disbelief.

“Fifteen years ago,” I nod, and we both leave the captain’s cabin. He goes to his hammock to sleep, but I go back outside and back to the railing, ready to go back to work if needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hector McSkull Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:32 am

When the door to my cabin slammed behind the two boys, I woke up with a jolt. Thinking that the sound was a crash of thunder, I looked out through one of the porthole windows, but found that the night skies were at peace and the sea itself was perfectly calm and clear. Shrugging off the notion, I started to lean back into sleep, but suddenly took a whiff. The air in my cabin smelled of sulfur and smoke. Sitting straight up, I leaned over the side, placed on my boots, and started to cautiously look around. Had I left one of the candles burning before I passed out for the night? Looking around, I saw that the only light that illuminated my cabin was the moonlight. Near my deck, Jack the monkey was screeching and howling, jumping frantically up and down on his perch.
"What's wrong, Jack? Trouble sleeping?" I laughed, trying to take my mind off the lingering thought of uneasiness I felt. Something wasn't right, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Jack jumped down from his perch onto my desk, jumping up and down on a pile of papers, scattering them everywhere. "Oy!" I charged over, trying to wave him off my table, "Away, you mangy animal! You're making a--" my face suddenly went white as the blank leather binder I had kept the schedule in fell to the deck with a thump and sprawled open. I crouched down to take a better look at it, to find the schedule missing; only charred corners remaining. My body began to shake and boil with anger. Snatching up the binder with a my claw like fingernails, I stood to my full height and let out a roar of rage, so loud that it woke almost everyone on deck. Screaming at the top of my lungs, I lunged forward at Jack, who quickly jumped out of my way as I knocked most of my effects off my desk in a drunken rage. Empty bottles crashed down on the floor, shattering on impact while papers flew in multiple directions. I staggered out of my cabin, my eyes burning with the fire of a madman. Everyone on deck was staring at me with a mixture of fear and confusion... well... save for one crewmember who continued to lean over the railing with his back towards me.
"Cap'n?" Johnny Cutlass asked, trying to move forward, "What's wrong?"
"The schedule's gone!" sudden gasps echoed across the deck as people looked from one another, wondering which one of them broke into their Captain's Cabin.
"What?!" Cutlass said, aghast. I unfurled the leather binder, revealing the burnt residue of the paper.
"There's a traitor in our midst...." I said in a low ominous grumble, "And I know exactly who it is..." slowly I raised my right hand, holding my pistol, and fired a shot right into the leg of the boy whose back was towards me. Shay turned around on the spot and let out a howl of pain as he flopped to the deck, clutching his bleeding leg. Joshua let out a cry of shock and rushed to his brother's side, pulling out one of those little weird bottles. Another shot was fired, breaking the bottle in his hand. He looked up angrily to see Cutlass' smoking pistol in his left hand. Joshua growled and tried to hurl himself towards us, only to be struck down by several other shots from crewmembers' pistols. He fell to the ground, bleeding the last bit of life out of him onto the dark wooden deck of the Black Pearl. I then turned my gaze to Shay, who was snarling at us whilst crying over the loss of his brother. "Take that one and throw him. I don't even want to be bothered by running out the plank!" I started forward as Shay was staggering to his feet. When I was face to face with him, I withdrew his own cutlass and ran him through, right through the gut. He let out a gasp, but, as I remembered he 'didn't feel pain' or 'couldn't die', I wasn't too worried. "Leave him for chum for the sharks!" I roared, then heaved him with all my might over the side of the Pearl. He fell with a hard splash, blood starting to trickle up to the surface of the dark water. I let out another yell of rage as I threw the useless leather binder along with it. I slammed my hand on the side of the rail, cursing, "Our chance at vast riches is lost! Without that schedule, we'll miss the Ethereal's docking by gross margins..."

(Had to write them out of the adventure because I have a strong feeling that Alice is no longer playing with us)
Hector McSkull
Hector McSkull
Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeparia Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Apsenniel had been on deck when it seemed all hell had broken loose. since she didn't need sleep, she had been exploring the main deck and upper-decks. Luckily, she had worked her up the main mast and was comfortably seated along a wooden rod the sail was attached to, watching the moon and horizon.

It seemed almost no time before Shay and Joshua were both no longer apart of the crew. Apsenniel had a feeling she might not have lasted much longer if she'd been down there at the time. Words floated up from the deck, "without ... schedule ... miss ... docking ..."

"Hmm," Ape wondered out loud, "Could that have been the paper I got earlier?" She had only given the log a quick glance, but she remembered the information. Perhaps she could help the crew and Captain out, now. At this point, Apsenniel spread her wings from beneath her cloak, letting herself drop from the mast. Her wings caught the air, allowing her to land gently. Crossing her arms as she folded her wings in, Ape spoke once more. "I know the information that was on the paper."
Aeparia
Aeparia
Avariel Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2